bulldog 發表於 17/4/2009 21:14:25 | 顯示全部樓層 IP:- 香港
本帖最後由 bulldog 於 2009-4-17 21:54 編輯
Hi Buddies, I wanna ask how to choose waders suitable to use in Hong Kong or
not very cold weather. There are too much choices and what should be the most
suitable kind. Thanks! Tight Lines!!!
HappyClam 發表於 2009-4-17 15:12

Paul,

Very good question for discussion !

The following vedio clip doesn't directly answer your querries but still have some good points though !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBAmB2r6uuE

評分

參與人數 2金幣 +150 收起 理由
HappyClam + 100 認真好介紹!!
mabel + 50 流呭口水.

查看全部評分

trouty 發表於 17/4/2009 21:32:59 | 顯示全部樓層 IP:- 上海黃浦區
Not sure what's the temperature of the water in HK or do you really actually need one? If you have the intention to travel abroad for some river trips, best is to get those breathable ones that way you can use it in HK as well I suppose. If you are not wading too deep maybe can try those convertibles or hip waders. There are lots of brands out there, Simms, Patagonia, Redington, Hodgman etc. Personally I prefer Simms in terms of design and technolgy.

cheers
trouty
bulldog 發表於 17/4/2009 22:03:47 | 顯示全部樓層 IP:- 香港
本帖最後由 bulldog 於 2009-4-17 22:08 編輯
Not sure what's the temperature of the water in HK or do you really actually need one? If you have the intention to travel abroad for some river trips, best is to get those breathable ones that way yo ...
trouty 發表於 2009-4-17 21:32

Hi Trouty,

I totally agreed with you.

HK is lying in a Sub Tropical region where the average water temperature>>> I would say over 20 degree C

seatemp_c.gif
flyfisher 發表於 17/4/2009 22:09:26 | 顯示全部樓層 IP:- 香港
Hi Buddies, I wanna ask how to choose waders suitable to use in Hong Kong or
not very cold weather. There are too much choices and what should be the most
suitable kind. Thanks! Tight Lines!!!
[size=100%]HappyClam
發表於 2009-4-17 15:12

What a difficult question to answer.............

There are slim chances that one needs to use waders in Hong Kong............where are the rivers? Where are the flats?

There are PVC coated and Neoprene chest high/hip high waders with and without boots. And when it comes to boots they can be felt or unfelt. I have a pair of waders with felt boots which lies at home and over the three years back in Hong Kong, has never been used. My suggestion is to get some dry fast clothing shorts and pants if needed to fish in waters locally. And, if I really have to choose, I would pick on a pair of pvc-hip-high waders, and you will have to decide if the pair of wading boots is necessary.

By the way, the pvc ones are available locally.............................
bulldog 發表於 17/4/2009 22:30:34 | 顯示全部樓層 IP:- 香港
Mabel 姐,

唔使流晒口水喎,著o左真o係好型仔 !!!
但係 HK 著肯定焗到出汁 !!!  
bulldog 發表於 18/4/2009 07:41:31 | 顯示全部樓層 IP:- 香港
So what is the starting point of air or water temperature for using wader ? ?
bulldog 發表於 18/4/2009 10:09:55 | 顯示全部樓層 IP:- 香港
本帖最後由 bulldog 於 2009-4-18 10:11 編輯

5# flyfisher

Yes, Uncle a pair of hip boot may be a good choice for HK !!

登錄/註冊後可看大圖
bulldog 發表於 18/4/2009 10:24:45 | 顯示全部樓層 IP:- 香港
本帖最後由 bulldog 於 2009-4-18 10:37 編輯

If we only want to keep out feet warm and dry SealSkinz socks may be a good choice.

Never let wet feet keep you from your favorite outdoor activity again!

These stretchy, perfectly-fitting socks feature a self-sealing top cuff to keep water out, even when completely submerged, and total comfort in. Moisture Vapor Transpiration (MVT) technology allows your feet to breathe freely, letting perspiration wick through so your feet stay 100% dry at all times. Blister-free 3-layer seamless construction. 14'' High.

http://www.danalco.com/

睇o黎輕便過 wader 同 hip boot. 價錢都唔算太貴,配o物o野鞋都得。

又可以用於其他戶外活動 !!!

Paul 哥 !!! 整對試試啦 !!!
trouty 發表於 18/4/2009 14:50:04 | 顯示全部樓層 IP:- 上海黃浦區
I agree with Uncle. Just get some quick dry pants and a pair of good sandals that cover your toes or a pair of scuba socks for flats. I rather not use the PVC ones as they trapped moisture and not breathable. Leg perspiration are trapped inside and can be quite uncomfortable.
Not sure what is the standard for the use of waders, maybe there isn't but its up to each individual. Normal stream creeks and mountain rivers where mostly trout thrives or cold water species live, the temperature goes up to highest probably 15-17deg C. Air temperature can be in the 20s-30s but the water temperature is held constant by the flow be it from the mountain or from a dam. Best temperature for trout to feed is between 4-12deg C. Thus standing in such cold water for long period is best to have proper waders even if the temperature reach a high of 17deg C although it may feel comfortable on a hot day but not advisable for long period as this may lead to rheumatism when one gets old.

cheers
trouty
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 魚民註冊

本版積分規則

手機版|聯繫魚樂網|FISHINGHK.com™  

GMT+8, 20/9/2024 19:32 , Processed in 0.119703 second(s), 40 queries , Gzip On, File On.