搜索
返回列表 發新帖

[釣場] 亞洲夢幻巨物天堂 - Rompin, Malaysia

[複製鏈接]
 樓主| HappyClam 發表於 21/5/2009 21:26:38 | 顯示全部樓層 IP:- 香港
<
Thanks Jacky.  

Paul --

1. Unless you're fishing regulation IGFA, I would recommend fishing straight 60lbs or 80lbs from the end of the flyline to the fly.  Sailfish have a very rough bill so you w ...
kman2 發表於 2009-5-21 08:42 PM

Thank you very much! You experience is very useful to me.
I searched over Ebay and found that the S.A. Mastery Series Billfish
Taper Sinking Fly Line WF 13 S. Would it overload my wt 12 rod? msbillfish_190.jpg

I got a 300 yards #30 braid backing line. I wanna try a Spectra #50 backing line.
Do you have comment of Spectra?

I do wish to fish with you one day in Rompin and learn from you. Thanks again.

kman2 發表於 22/5/2009 21:49:12 | 顯示全部樓層 IP:- 香港
I think it would depend on your rod.  People used to overline a lot in the old days, but these days it probably isn't necessary.  

The 2 key things about backing is: (i) diameter; and (ii) knot strength.  Not sure what the Spectra is like, but if you have 300 yards of 30lb braid that have both, that should be enough.  

I've booked 2 boats from 17th - 20th October.  Both look like they will be full at this stage.  Will let you know if a free spot pops up.
 樓主| HappyClam 發表於 22/5/2009 23:44:39 | 顯示全部樓層 IP:- 香港
I think it would depend on your rod.  People used to overline a lot in the old days, but these days it probably isn't necessary.  

The 2 key things about backing is: (i) diameter; and (ii) knot stren ...
kman2 發表於 2009-5-22 09:49 PM

Thanks again your infromation!
Anderson 發表於 29/5/2009 13:50:28 | 顯示全部樓層 IP:- 香港
Hi Happyclam

I also went to Rompin last year the week before Kman and sore about the same number of fish in the two days. The end of the season is the peak time. I used the SA billfish line over my 12wt. It worked a treat when we were teasing fish to the back of the boat by trolling lures. BUT not the best for sight casting to fish teased up with poppers.
As Kman said it really depends on the rod you are going to be using and the type of teasing.

Ando
 樓主| HappyClam 發表於 29/5/2009 22:49:50 | 顯示全部樓層 IP:- 香港
Hi Happyclam

I also went to Rompin last year the week before Kman and sore about the same number of fish in the two days. The end of the season is the peak time. I used the SA billfish line over my 1 ...
Anderson 發表於 2009-5-29 01:50 PM

Hi Ando,

Thanks for your comment! I'll be using a Redington CPX 12wt 9' rod. I ordered 3 Cam Sigler tandem #6/0 popper flies.
A S.A. Mastery Series Saltwater WF 12 F was purchased too. I have no experience how the fly line works with such
heavy fly. Tomorrow I'll make a test casting of the rod and line with a blank tandem 6/0 hooks (originally for my
trolling lures) to gain some experience. Do you have some hints to me? Thanks in advance. Tight lines, Paul
kman2 發表於 31/5/2009 11:42:07 | 顯示全部樓層 IP:- 香港
Paul -- I think Ando is back in Australia at the moment.  If the crew do their job properly, the Sailfish will be teased within 30ft of the boat, so you won't have to cast very far but make sure you can punch out at least 30ft with minimum false casting.  Here's what typically happens -- one or more Sailfish will be spotted near one of the teasers -- one or more of the other crew members will bring in all of the other teasers while the person flyfishing will be getting ready to cast -- one of the crew members will continue to teaser the Sailfish and try to bring it closer to the boat -- once the Sailfish is within casting distance, the crew member teasing the Sailfish will call for the boat to be put into neutral and at the same he will yank the teaser out of the water -- the cast is made BEHIND where the fish was last seen (this is important as you need the Sailfish to be going away from the boat in order to maximize you chance of hookup) -- strip strike as hard as you can in the opposite direction of where the fish is headed when it takes the fly -- hopefully that'll end up in a hookup -- when the fish jumps, bow to give slack to prevent bustoffs.  Trying googling flyfishing for Sailfish on fly.  There's a lot of material available online.
 樓主| HappyClam 發表於 31/5/2009 12:28:20 | 顯示全部樓層 IP:- 香港
Paul -- I think Ando is back in Australia at the moment.  If the crew do their job properly, the Sailfish will be teased within 30ft of the boat, so you won't have to cast very far but make sure you c ...
kman2 發表於 2009-5-31 11:42 AM

kman, thank you very much for the infromation. I believe the first trip is to gain some
experience. I hope the next trip maybe on Oct I may get some sailfish. I practiced the
new rod casting yesterday. First of all, I need more gym exercise for my muscles.
It's not too easy to cast with the total weight over a pound. Paul
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 魚民註冊

本版積分規則

手機版|聯繫魚樂網|FISHINGHK.com™  

GMT+8, 20/9/2024 00:12 , Processed in 0.107270 second(s), 34 queries , Gzip On, File On.